Sunday, March 5, 2017

Regions of Europe


The warm, sunny climate of Southern Europe creates a vastly different culture than that of Northern or Eastern Europe. Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece are just some of the countries of this region, which enjoys a casual, easygoing atmosphere. The majority of these countries speak Romance languages, which are descended from Latin. The cuisine in this region tends to be spicier and makes use of local in-season produce and seafood caught on the coasts of these countries. Most of the residents of this area are Roman Catholic or Orthodox.

England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Austria are some of the countries that make up Western Europe. Cuisine varies widely from one country to the other and no one dish or one way of cooking symbolizes the entire area. The languages and religions vary greatly as well, making Western Europe more diverse and harder to define by region. Even the currency varies, as the countries of the United Kingdom, except for Ireland, have not followed suit in adopting the euro but have retained their own system.

Several Eastern European countries share a history of Communist rule. While Communism has left its mark in this region, it's now a thing of the past for countries such as the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania. Most residents of Eastern European countries belong to either the Roman Catholic Church or a variety of Orthodox churches, which play a large part in determining many of their holidays and celebrations. The residents of countries in this region typically speak variations of Slavic languages.




Northern Europe includes the Nordic countries, such as Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. The occupants of these countries speak Nordic languages -- also known as North Germanic or Scandinavian languages -- such as FInnish, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. These countries offer a wide mix of traditional small towns and modern, big cities. Commercial fishing plays a large part of the cultures of these lands that alternate between long hours or daylight and long hours of dark during the course of the year.

Comment on the Blog and tell us which regions you would prefer to live and why? 

11 comments:

  1. I would either like living in Western Europe or Northen Europe because I would like to live near the water. It would like to live in Scotland, Ireland, or Norway. Also it would be fun to hear all the awesome accents. The downside would be that I'm not a huge fan of seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to live in western Europe because I like living near big fast growing cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Southern Europe. I like the warm and sunshine that Southern Europe has. I also think it would be fun to live in England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to live in southern Europe because I like fishing and there is a lot of fishing on the Mediterranean. I would also really like to live in the old cities in southern Europe like Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to live en either Western Europe or Northern Europe. Western because of the kinds of food you can make, and no wrong in that, and Northern Europe because of the languages and ancient castles you can see there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would want to live in Southern Europe, in Italy. It seems like an exciting place to live and I love Italian food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to live in Southern Europe it seems beautiful and peaceful by the water if I lived on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to live in southern Europe because of the climate and the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to live northern Europe because it has the 4 cities that I like tho must especially Denmark. And I would also like living their because of the activities and how modern it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to live in Eastern Europe because they take a big part in the Roman Catholic Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1xbet korean 2021-11-01 | 1xbet korean
    1xbet korean 2021-11-01. งานออนไลน์ Date, Latest betting time, Live betting, Live odds, 바카라 사이트 Live TV streams, Live 1xbet korean Streams, Live Streams.

    ReplyDelete